All the Matters is that it passed...

So it's been a frustrating month when it comes to our cars situation, well among other things too, like sick kids. Anyways last year, I don't know what we were thinking, but we bought two cars in the same month. So this year we get to have safety, emissions, and register both of our cars together. So much fun! Well the van passed no problems. The civic did not.
Stupid, stupid, stupid horn does not work which means it does not pass the safety inspection. We bought a new horn and Brett hooked it up. Didn't work. Brett checked the spark plugs. Didn't work. At this point we are thinking, crap, what are we going to do. Brett called a couple of places and they all said just to find out what is wrong with the horn would be about 80 bucks then however long it took them to fix it. Now we are getting into numbers that are starting to be more than what the car is actually worth. O.k. maybe not that much but pretty close!
I was getting mad because it seems so dumb to me that we have to spend all this money on a car that works perfectly except for the stupid horn.

So Brett got an idea from a co-worker on what to do. And this is what they came up with.....
So seriously how ghetto is this. Yup that is the horn.
Brett has made up a label that says "Press here for horn" that he is going to put above it. All that matters is that it passed! I have to wonder what the guys at the inspection place were thinking when they saw this. It can't be the worse thing ever. I am pretty sure that I remember one of my brothers tying their bumper to the rest of the car with some string. Anyone ever do anything creative to their car to pass inspection?

Comments

Megan said…
Yeah, I can't lie. That's REALLY ghetto. Love it! I hope is has a cool beep! Can't remember doing anything creative for inspections, except years ago--you remember that maroon Hundai I drove? It was worth nothing and would cost a fortune to fix, and the inspection was due in September. So we just didn't do it. And Dad would through snowballs at the license plate all winter to cover up the stickers! I think in the spring we broke down and fixed it, though.
Leslie said…
Guess what? No inspections in Kansas. I don't even know when my horn went out, but nobody even cares. But I remember having trouble getting my brakes to pass inspection in Utah once, pain in the arse. I think I drove around for three months unregistered. Your horn kind of reminds me of the red green show. All it needs is some duct tape.
Lisa Alger said…
I love it!! Not as bad as my first car. I don't know if you remember my old Chevy Nova - bought it totalled and left the fender crumpled, but to pass inspection, I had to replace the side door - different color than the rest of the car. Also, the seatbelt holder (at the bottom) was broken on one of the belts and so it would lock up. Had to jimmy rig it with some wire and duct tape. My parent's car, that I used the first year in college had a passenger door that wouldn't latch, so we had to tie it shut with a rope.
Camille said…
I love your family photo at the top!

Popular Posts