September 29

Plenty of things happened on September 29. Here is a list of a few historical events:

The Scotland Yard was formed in 1829.
The cornerstone is laid for the Washington National Cathedral in Washington DC in 1907.
Radio is first used in a presidential campaign in 1936.
For you baseball fans, S.F. Giants outfielder Willie Mays caught a fly ball over his shoulder, one of the most recognized catches in baseball history. (Sorry, I had to relate something in sports)
NASA starts up its space shuttle flights following the Challenger disaster in 1988.

While these are all nice things to have happened, the greatest piece of history happened in Hopkins, Minnesota. Those that were alive might have thought it was an ordinary day, but it was a day that changed my life forever. Yes, this is Brett taking over Kelly's blog once again. And yes, that means that it is Kelly's Birthday. In 1977, a little girl named Kelly Lynn White was born to Jim and Kathy White. She was 7 lbs. 4 oz. and about 19 inches long. She was the first of four children born to them. Now, 32 years later, she is the wonderful mother of three children. I was lucky enough to first date her seven years ago, and have enjoyed the last six as her husband. She is such a wonderful wife and mother. She teaches me something new each and every day. I am so glad that I got to keep her for time and all eternity. I love you very much, Kelly! I hope you have a wonderful day!




Prices in 1977:
Bread-$0.32/loaf
Milk-$1.44/gallon
Eggs-$1.30/dozen
Car-$5,814
Gas-$0.64/gallon
Home-$54,200

Until next year, I bid the readers adieu.

Comments

Kelly Stoddart said…
Oh my goodness you totally aged me! Oh well I'm old who cares. Thanks honey you are the best!
Kelly Stoddart said…
Oh and I remember the challenger. Yes I was in school when that happened.
Megan said…
Oh you lucky girl, Kel, to have a husband write something so beautiful about you. I think it's so wonderful how in love you two are--Trevor is SO gonna have to step it up after that entry...
Hilary said…
Happy Birthday Kelly!
Katie Stoddart said…
How nice of Brett to do that. I don't think Pug has any idea how to write on my blog! Happy Birthday!
Camille said…
Happy Happy Birthday Kelly!
stephschmidt said…
I love that you did this, Brett! So sweet :) Happy Happy Birthday Kelly! I hope you've have a great day!
Dan and Ang said…
Happy Birthday Kelly! I hope you've had a great day! Good post, Brett. :)
Deanne Hill said…
Happy Birthday! I hope you had lots o' fun! :)
Valeri said…
Love it! Way to score some brownie points, Brett! Happy Birthday, Kelly.
Lisa Alger said…
Happy belated birthday. I hope it was a great one.!
Unknown said…
What a cool post!! I totally love it! You two are so cute! I hope that you had a lovely Birthday!

Popular Posts