Sometimes Being a Mom is HARD......


o.k. not sometimes, but lets admit it most of the time!



Disclaimer: I love my children to death. I would do anything for them anytime anyplace. I am so so so thankful to have them in my life, truly the bring so much joy and I will, hopefully, never take for granted what they are really worth to me.


BUT sometimes being a mom is hard work! These last few days have for some reason been extremely hard. Let's start out with Tuesday afternoon. Will and Kyanna were watching a movie and asked for some popcorn. What was my first mistake... MAKING THEM POPCORN and then letting them eat it in the living room. Of course I didn't stay in there with them (my fault!) I was hoping to take this time to actually get something done, since the baby was sleeping.


I walked into the living room and found that they had dumped the entire bowl of popcorn all over the floor! Oh BOY I was so Mad! Maybe more at myself because really I should have known better. Anyways so they were told that they had to clean it all up. William, of course, started right away picking up the popcorn, Kyanna on the other hand, just watched William clean. So I said "o.k. Kyanna you have to clean up the rest and you can't leave this room until it is all clean".

uhm......yeah three and half hours later, YES THREE hours later, Kyanna was still in the living room not cleaning up the popcorn. We had eaten dinner, played a game, had dessert. I tried everything I could to make her clean it up and she just wouldn't. Can we say stubborn. So I hurried up and spoon fed her dinner and got her ready for bed. An hour after that she was finally asleep. Seriously child. I hope she learned a lesson, however, I was the one cleaning up the popcorn at that point.


Wednesday.... I had a Dr.'s appt. for Will and Jenna. So I packed all three of them up and we went to the Dr.'s. Really no problem at the appt. Jenna is doing well, growing like she should. But for some reason I thought well while I am here lets get Will and Kyanna there flu shot. So all three kids ended up having shots, Jenna's was her immunizations. Let me just say I will NEVER have all three kids gets shots at the same time again.


After the appt. we had to hurry up home eat lunch and then hurry to dance. Kyanna was starting to act a little whiny, which is really not that unusual, and started to complain about the shot. I just kind of ignored her and hurried her to dance. Well.....she puked at dance. That was fun and embarrassing. Poor girl my parents had even come to watch her dance. She then proceeded to throw up about 5 more times. I called the Dr. and he wanted to see her again because he thought it might be a reaction to the flu shot. So I packed up the kids again (minus Will, since he went with my parents, thankfully) Poor girl threw up two more times in the car and once at the dr.'s office. ( and now I am feeling bad for the night before cause maybe she wasn't feeling good)


We may never really know if it was a reaction or just a flu bug. But she has not been doing well.

Then in the middle of the night Kyanna wet her bed three different times. Then this morning she wet my bed. FUN! Then when Will woke up he had an diarrhea accident in his bed. So lucky me I got to wash everybody's sheets today and throw away two pairs of underwear. I heard a funny mom advice that read "just throw away the poopy underwear" yeah she was right. I think think that Kyanna is feeling better tonight. I really hope so. Then on top of all this I have been dealing with a cranky 4 month old with a low grade fever from her shots and a five year old who is bored because we just kind of had a restful day (well for the kids at least).


O.k. this post is getting really long and now I am starting to feel bad for complaining about my hard days. Because I really am thankful for my kids I guess I just need to complain and whine like they do sometimes. They weren't kidding when they said being a mom will be the hardest thing you have ever done and yes it is true (because I have done both) going to work is easier than staying home. Although I have to say that going to work is VERY VERY hard when your heart is at home with your kids (done that too and I would rather be home).

Comments

Camille said…
what a relief, it isn't only me that feels that way sometimes! :)
Jessica said…
EVERY mother feels that way sometimes -- and my gosh, what a day!! There is nothing -- nothing -- that sends me over the edge like puking kids, and with a cranky and and poopy kid to boot, it sounds just horrendous (and in public and in the car, too -- what do you do??) I really really hope everyone feels better soon, and then hopefully you can get a good break! You deserve it!
stephschmidt said…
Wow - what a couple of days you've had! It is so hard when kids are sick! I've done the exact same thing to Dallin so many times; gotten after him for things and then realized too late that it was most likely because he didn't feel good. I hope everyone gets feeling better soon! Let me know if you need a break :)
Hilary said…
Awww, I'm sorry . . . those days (and weeks) are the hardest! When everything seems to go wrong, things pile up and the children drive you crazy! The good news is that in my experience, everything comes in phases, and after a bad bit, things get good again for awhile, where you can just sit back and enjoy being a Mom. If even just for a day or so.

And poor kid, she is like the FIFTH person I've heard about who got really ill or threw up on the day they got the flu shot . . . now I'm freaked out to go get ours!
Nathan Lyman said…
oh man..sounds like an eventful week!!! That is crazy!!! I am in the same boat with you on the dirty underwear...throw them away..and I have done my fair share of that ...it is to yucky to clean!!! Hope that your day is better today and I am looking forward to doing your photos tomorrow!!!! (I just noticed I am signed in my sons account..but this is NAtalie)
Katie Stoddart said…
We all have days like that- infact, just a few months back you will notice a similar post on my blog about the "joys" of motherhood. Just keep reminding yourself that these are just a small moment and when all is said and done it is the good times that you will remember best.
Cynthia said…
Oh dear! I'm totally going to hell because I'm laughing at this. You poor thing! I remember when mine were all little at the same time like yours are. It may not seem this way now but within the next couple of years, your life will be SO much easier!

I hope Kyanna the Spitfire is feeling better (and didn't share her bug with anyone else).

Popular Posts