Answers!

O.k. here are my answers. I really enjoyed conference this weekend, even if I didn't get to listen to every talk and even though my kids didn't exactly listen as well as I had hoped, they still did really good!

We went to the "farm" for general conference. The kids LOVE it down there. I learned a couple of interesting facts from my grandparents this weekend though
-My Grandpa was ordained a Patriarch by PResident Hinckley.
-After my Grandpa was ordained he then turned to my Grandma and asked if she could type and when she said yes, he answered that will be good.
-Elder L. Tom Perry was my grandparents Stake President when they lived in Boston.


1. Who were your three favorite speakers? Oh my goodness lots but my favorite were...
President Monson
Elder Holland
Elder Uchtdorf

2. Favorite talk? oh this is so hard it's really a tie between President Monson and Elder Holland but if I had to choose I loved President Monsons talk it was like he was talking straight to me...which incidentally I felt the sameway at Relief Society conference.

3. Favorite hymn sung during Conference?o.k. so this might be kind of dork but I loved
Dear to The Heart of the Shepherd" I KNOW!

4. Who wore the best tie? hmmm....well.....o.k.... I admit I didn't really pay attention to this but I remember writing down that I liked Richard G. Scott tie it was Black/white/blue. That's what I wrote but I don't remember today.

5. Do you think conference had a “theme”? Hard to say. I didn't get a distinct theme like I have at other conference. But I felt like alot of talks had to do with Agency making right choices, and repentance. I also thought that a couple of talks really focused on listening to the Prophet. And faith in Jesus Christ.

6. Share a few of your favorite quotes (paraphrasing is fine). o.k. here they are.

"World will teach our children if we do not"

"teachers attitude is not taught it's caught"

"resist temptation to get caught up in everyday life, focus on what matters the most"

"our responsibility is to be in the world but not of the world"

"righteous character more valuable than any object you attain"

"as much as wrong in the world many things that are good"

"what the world really needs is courageous parents not afraid to speak out and make a stand"

7. Something that made you smile during conference.oh well of course it was when Elder Uchtdorf spoke about trees at the beginning of his talk and then said "what does this have to do with airplanes"


8. Any evidence that your children paid attention?
Well....yes they did have an activity packet and one of the activities was to write down a quote and Will wrote that someone said "I will" so he was at least listening to that part.


9. If you had to give a talk in General Conference (don’t faint, this is hypothetical), what do you think you’d speak about?
Make me sick to my stomach to even think about it. If I did though I think it would be about the importance of being a good example.


10. What are some of your post-conference goals?

Well I have so many as usual. ONe thing that I do remember and I can't even remember who said it, but I need to go to bed early.
I am going to try and look on the positive and be thankful for more things in my life.
try to have more faith

Comments

Deanne Hill said…
We have similar conference tastes! :) I liked "Lead Kindly Light" as my fav. hymn, though.
Dan and Ang said…
I loved this! I love the quote about if you don't teach your children, the world will. :)

Popular Posts