Thanksgiving 2008

Well I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We had lots of fun. For what has been tradition as many years as I can remember we went down to my Grandma's house (which we have nicknamed the "farm") for Thanksgiving. As a result Thanksgiving is my most favorite Holiday. This year was great. The kids had so much fun playing at Great Grandma's house. I barely even saw Will he was off playing with his cousing Rachel and Anna (who are actually my cousins but are much much closer to his age :)) I am pretty sure however that Will's highlight was shooting guns. Yes we let him shoot a real gun, apparently when you are at the Farm all the rules go out the window. Kyanna's favorite part was riding the 4-wheeler, which at first she hated but then loved. I was actually quite proud of Kyanna she did very many brave things that I wouldn't normally expect her to do, like riding the wheeler and even riding a horse!




I wanted to do this before Thanksgiving but didn't have any time. But I wanted to post 10 things that I am thankful for. So here goes!
1. The gospel and my testmoniy
2. My children that are happy and healthy
3. My wonderful husband who works so hard for our family and treats us so well
4. My education and for all of those who pushed me and supported me while I was at school.
5. For amazing parents and parents-in-law who do so much for us everyday and who are so so so good to my children.
6. For my house (I waited a long-time for a house and I love having one!)
7. Modern conviences (Thanks Alisha without your post I would never have realized how much I depend on this)
8. For my friends who have always been great examples to me and have always been there for me.
9. For my brothers, sisters-in-law, and brothers-in-law who have become great friends even though that hasn't always been the case, I am talking strictly about my brothers here.
10. Lastly I am thankful for vacations becuase without these I would for sure go insane!

Comments

Jessica said…
We were thinking fondly of the farm this year and wishing we could catch up with everyone. Kasia still remembers the horses and I love tea parties with grandma. Thanks for your pictures -- it's great to see how people have changed since we were last there (5 years ago)!
Megan said…
The pictures you posted on Facebook look SO much like pictures we take when we're down in Loa! Especially the guns and the 4-wheelers. What a fun weekend! It's so great to have a place like that to take your kids, to help them appreciate "farm life". You rock, Kel!
Cynthia said…
Looks like you had a great time. I'm with Megan- it's wonderful to have the opportunity to enjoy a 'farm' in the family. We all take our kids to the lone remaining family farm in Oregon each summer so they can do stuff like ride horses (no shooting of guns yet though) or float the canal.

And as to your comment about my turkey disaster, knowing your family (esp. the brothers) there is no WAY you could ever live it down if you made the same mistake!

Oh- and let your folks know the people who bought your old house have finally been making some improvements after letting it go downhill for years. Your poor Dad. He worked so hard fixing it up in the first place.
Hilary said…
It's funny how a little family tradition thrown into a holiday just makes it so memorable. I admit, I cried the first year Greg and I were married and we went to Thanksgiving at his aunt's house, since the "True Meaning of Thanksgiving" for me was ping pong tournaments at my Aunt's house. :-)
Unknown said…
It looks like you had a lovely Thanksgiving. I am so glad you were able to spend the time with your beautiful family. And I loved reading the things you were thankful for! I was so slack I did those first two posts about things I was thankful for and then I got slacked and didnt do anymore. I am going to post more with our thanksgiving pics.
stephschmidt said…
How fun! I want to go to the farm, too! It looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving, even if we missed you here :( I love your list of what you're thankful for; I'm grateful you're part of my family :) We have GOT to come see you guys!!
Deanne Hill said…
Happy Thanksgiving ( a little late) and Happy December!! :) Also, I didn't notice a thankful for cousins-in-law on that list of yours.... I'm just sayin.....;)
Dan and Ang said…
That looks like so much fun! I'm so glad you had such a good time. I love all the pictures!!

Popular Posts