Football Fever

I never really was a big football fan before I met Brett. O.k. actually I think growing up I maybe watched part of a football game at the most. My family just wasn't in to football. Then I went to Snow College I went to a few of the games not because I wanted to watch football but more because well what else are you going to do down there. Then I went to the University of Utah I probably went to maybe 2-3 games but it was never my choice I was always invited and only went for the social aspect I would never have been able to tell you what was going on.

Then I met Brett and his family and well to but it mildly Brett, his dad, and his brothers can be considered football freaks (seriously ask them any statistic and they will know the answer). At first I really didn't know it was as bad as it was. Oh sure they went to football games and yes I went mostly because I liked Brett and I wanted to impress him but I had no idea that it was like it was. I should have known since Brett worked for the football team, but what can I say I was football naive. Anyways what I am trying to say it that I really could have cared less about football. But now after being married to Brett for 5 1/2 years and being around his family I have really become to appreciate the game of football. Brett has taught me soooo much about the game. You know this may sound dumb but I really think that you have to be smart to really understand and appreciate the game of football. It is such a strategic game. A game of war. I am no were near understanding all of football, but I love to watch it and I love to learn about it.

That being said I have really come to enjoy going to all of the home games this year. It has been so much fun. So many close games that came right down to the end. It was fun and exciting. So I posted a video of all the fans running onto the field when Utah beat BYU last night. I think it is cool to watch. And I also posted some pictures.



Comments

Hilary said…
I think the Stoddart clan can claim many, many football converts!
Anonymous said…
That was really a neat story about your road to loving football! You would definitely find fans here at the Hallidays. We really enjoyed watching the game. How fun that you put the video on, and I like the pictures too.

Go Utes!

Love you all!
Jill
stephschmidt said…
Kelly, I think you're officially a Stoddart now :)

Popular Posts