Happy Mother's Day!



I have many memories of my mother. I think that one of the earliest one I have is her helping me learn to ride my yellow bike on a very cold Christmas morning. Oh how I loved that bike! I also remember her walking us to 7-eleven everyday to get a slurpee during the summer. Thinking back it probably wasn't everyday but that is how I remember it.




I remember her coaching my Young Women's basketball team, and how we won every single game that year, and only lost in the regional championship. And if many of you know me and my mom we are not big shoppers, but I loved going shopping with her (and still do) for clothes and how we could never make our mind up about what we want. And after spending what seemed like hours looking for clothes we would end up putting everything back and going home with nothing! And don't forget the many hours that we would spend at Lake Powell at night playing tootsie roll poker.



Unfortunately and probably because I was a snotty nose kid I never really appreciated my mom until I became one myself. I see her with my kids and I am truly amazed (and sometimes think this is not the same person who raised me!). She plays with Will and Kyanna from the time that we come over until the time that we leave. She is so patient with them. Also she has been extremely helpful to me. She is always willing to come over and help if ever the kids are sick or if I am sick. Just yesterday when both Will and Kyanna are suffering from the lovely Hand Foot and Mouth disease she left work to go get some medicine from the store and then later that night brought slurpees over for the kids. I am so thankful to have her living so close to me and that I can call her anytime and she is always there for me. I love you mom and I hope that you have a wonderful Mothers Day!

And Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

Comments

Wendy said…
What a wonderful tribute to your mom. That was beautiful. Happy Mother's Day!
Anonymous said…
That was so fun to read about your memories! You do have a wonderful mom! Happy Mothers Day!
Valeri said…
I'm sure your mom appreciated that. I loved the pictures to accompany the stories. We were also big slurpee junkies growing up. They always seemed to make any situation a tad better. :)
Camille said…
That is so touching -- and I love the photos you have at the top of your blog. Very cute.

Popular Posts