New Members of Our Family



That's right! We have three new members of our family. Their names are Goldilocks, uppy, and kiki ( one guess who named them, actually quite impressed with the name Goldilocks since it goes well for a gold fish). Yes, I was feeling actually quite pleased with myself. The kids have been wanting a dog for sometime now, and since we are not quite ready for that kind of commitment I thought a goldfish might be a great replacement for now ( I am sure that Brett won't let us go to long without a dog). Anyways the kids love them. They were so excited to bring them to their new home. They named them, they fed them, and they watched them for the rest of the afternoon, and then this happened.....



Lousy 15 cent fish from Walmart! Guess it couldn't handle the transition very well. I knew that the fish wasn't going to live to long, although I was hoping for more than 4 hours. But I am not sure that I am ready to have that kind of conversation with Will. I am not ready. I need to prepare. So late last night Brett went back to Walmart to get another fish. I am positive that it cost more in gas, than the actual fish is worth. But the new fish has now lasted 24 hours. So that is good news. Hopefully it will buy me some more time.

Comments

Megan said…
When I was in college we had a goldfish. It died every two days and then we got another goldfish. Until we gave up. We thought it died of boredom, since it was just in a round bowl with pink rocks and that was it. But my roommate said fish have a short memory, and it just swam around all day thinking, "Wow! Pink rocks!" Well good luck with your fish Kell. Call me--I don't have your new number in my phone!!!
Lisa said…
Kelly, we got some fish a few months ago. We opted for the beta fish. They cost a little more but they are more hearty. I forget to feed them all the time and they are still alive. They attack each other if in the same bowl, so you might want to get just one, or invest in another fish bowl. We have one that has a divider....so it's one, but really two. You know?
stephschmidt said…
How fun to add to your family! We'll have to come over and meet them :) Sorry about the untimely death of the one....
Nicki Crockett said…
So we4 bought two fish. They were doing great. Then our neighbors gave us three cheapo goldfish from Wal-Mart or somewhere like that. Soon our two fish were dead along with one of the goldfish. It's been over a year now and I have two very fat goldfish that I never bought in the first place!

Popular Posts