My Crazy/Genius Kid

I think the first time we thought that Will was a smart little boy was probably the night he was born. For about two hours that night he just stared at Brett, like he was trying to figure out who he is and what just happened to him. It thrills me and scares me at the same time knowing that I have a kid who is going to be smarter than me probably pretty soon. Well yesterday he was coloring and he wanted to write his own name. So I showed him how to write it, once. He then continued to practice his W's like crazy. Down, up, down, up.





So you can see where I wrote his name, (and if you look close enough I totally spelled his name wrong, oops, see already smarter than me) but the rest are just his W's that he was writing. Then I got him another paper to practice on and I started to make dinner. Well when I came back to see what he had done. He did this.




I hope that everyone can see this. Anyways he wrote his name! All by himself. I mean really it's not the most difficult name to write, but pretty impressive anyways. I was proud.

Another funny story. Yesterday I made an appointment to meet a possible preschool teacher. I told Will that next week we are going to meet your new teacher maybe. He then exclaimed "I am going to school! I need to go get my backpack!" He ran back into his room and came out with a lunch bag that we bought for him awhile ago (because it had "cars" on it). He then said "do you think that I need to bring a lunch?" Oh, it was so cute. I kind of felt bad that we weren't actually going to school that day. So he is really excited to say the least. I hope that it works out.




This is where I found Will hiding today. See what I mean. Crazy!


O.k. one more story and then I am done. This next pictures are of Will (with all of his tools) taking apart one of his play cell phones and then trying to put it back together again. But at least he had all the right tools!






Comments

stephschmidt said…
Way to go William! I think I can be a little more objective than you when it comes to your kids, Kelly, but I agree that Will is a little smarty pants! How awesome that he wrote his name after seeing you do it once! It was so interesting to read about him staring at Brett after he born trying to figure things out, because that's still so him! Just watching and trying to figure out and learning and putting things together. He's always been like that, hasn't he? And I love how he loves his tools :) Good luck with the preschool thing! Let us know how it goes.
Dan and Ang said…
William is so amazing! He never ceases to amaze me. I'm constantly seeing (when I'm around) him do things that I wouldn't believe a 3 year old could do. He is so smart! I miss seeing him. He is so sweet! :)

Popular Posts