I'm Going to Gopher H E Double Hockey Sticks


Well apparently we have a gopher problem. Or I guess I should say we did have a gopher problem. See that cute, adorable, one of God's creation, you know that one that digs holes in your yard and eats all the roots of your flowers! Well......I killed one. Yes and I did it right in front of my son. I was letting him water the flowers when I noticed this hole right next to them. I had heard about our neighbors having a gopher, but I didn't realize we had one. So I took the hose from Will and started to fill the hole up with water, when this gopher came running out. My intention at first were to chase it back into the neighbors yard (sssshhhh! don't tell, it's our Bishop!) But the poor little thing couldn't find a way out by the fence. And I being the ruthless gopher killer that I am just kept spraying water on it until it stopped moving. O.k. I really can't believe that I killed a gopher. It really kind of freaked me out the whole day. I just know that all the gophers everywhere are thinking we are going to get her back! I am actually kind of scared to go into the backyard. Then I called Brett to tell him what I did and you know what he said. Cool! go get a shovel and bring it by the fence so I can show it to our neighbors. Uhm Yeah right. I am not touching it. But just as a way of Mother Nature getting me back. I guess when I left for the store this afternoon the kids left their poptarts in the living room and when I got back there were hundreds of ants all over them. So uhm yeah, killed those too!

Comments

Cram Family said…
Hey Brett I just found your blog from Alisha's blog. I haven't seen you for a very long time last I heard you were having your first child. WOW how time just goes by. You have a way cute family. Take care.
Desserae Nelson Cram
Dan and Ang said…
I don't know why, but this post made me laugh so hard! I think you're so funny, Kelly! What did Will do? What fun adventures you're having with your new house!! :)
stephschmidt said…
I love that you were going to chase the gopher back to your neighbors yard! And I love Bretts "cool" response to the whole thing :)
Deanne Hill said…
That's funny! Gopher Killer! Ha! I'd have done the same thing- I'm not a "wild life" kinda gal. We have an unspoken (on their part at least) rule that I won't bother them if they don't come within 50 yards of me! :)
Dan and Ang said…
(This is Dan. Ang posted earlier.)
Wow. That's crazy! I hope no one from PETA reads this.
Camille said…
Once when I was a teenager, I told my dad I could hear something moving in my windowsill. He went out back and discovered that several mice had taken up home there. So he got out the hose and filled it up. I can still remember hearing the sounds of the mice drowning from inside my bedroom... Oh, the violence!!! :)

Popular Posts