Another Cookbook Update

So....we didn't do good last week at all! There was ALOT of puke and so well none of us got very excited about trying new recipes. So I think the only new recipe we tried was hills and valleys, interesting egg breakfast but nothing spectacular! We are doing better this week so far. Some of you have requested the Oriental Chicken Salad recipe so here goes:

Oriental Chicken Salad
(honestly I 1/2 this recipe for my little family)

Salad

4-6 cups chicken, cooked
2 pkg. ramen teriyaki noodles crumbled
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup sesame seeds
4 green onions,chopped
2-16oz bags coleslaw (shredded cabbage)

Dressing
3/4 cup salad oil (which I discovered from the grocery store man cause I couldn't find Salad oil anywhere is just regular vegetable oil)
1/4 cup +2 tbsp. white vinegar
3/4 cup sugar
2 packs of seasoning from the ramen noodles
3/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. accent (which I didn't use cause I guess this is MSG, plus it doesn't need it!)

In a large bowl, combing all salad ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine all dressing ingredients well; pour over salad. Stir to thoroughly coat all ingredients and serve!

IT's really really good. We have actually made it twice cause we like it so much, despite the adverse side affect of cabbage :)

On another note. I know I said I would post more pictures of Kyanna's dance recital. Well at the very beginning of the performance I went to get the camera out of the bag (while holding Jenna I might add) and dropped it on the floor bad. So it didn't work :( I really hope that we get it working. So all we got were the pictures on Sat. night. We did get it on video, but since we don't have the right thing in our computer to upload the video, you will just have to come over if you want to watch it!

Comments

Hilary said…
My Mom makes this a lot, and it's a total family favorite! My family likes to fry up wonton wrappers cut into strips to put on the salad too -- I don't think it needs it, but I'm far outnumbered on this one :-)
Unknown said…
This recipe look delicious. I wanted to share information with you about a product with you and your readers. It is Cook'n Recipe Organizer. This product alows you to enter recipes for easy storage and can even calculate nutritional information and create grocery lists for you.
stephschmidt said…
Yum - that sounds delicious! I can't wait to try it!
Jodi Hancey said…
Thanks for the recipe! Can't wait to try it!

Popular Posts