What to do?

O.k. so I have a dilemma. Well at least I think it's one. I went to my Dr.'s appt. last week and he asked me if I wanted to be induced a week early. This took me by complete shock. Especially since I am not one to go early ( I was late with both my kids) and so I didn't even think it was an option. So now I don't know what to do. Is it better to wait and let the baby come when it's ready. Also I have heard that being induced is more painful and can be a longer labor. And I have totally been counting on this labor being short (I know I am setting myself up for disappointment, but I don't care). And finally lets face it the baby is just easier to take care of right where it is.
However, the idea of going a week early is just so darn tempting. Who cares if it's longer and more painful if I have an epidural, right? Plus the idea of sleeping the night before, waking up and taking a shower, brushing my teeth, sounds so nice (the last two kids I have been in labor all night with!). And finally I just know that the week after I could have had my baby is will be so HARD because I will keep thinking "I could have had my baby by now!" And I could kind of have my body back.
What to do, of course Brett is all for going a week early. And I am tending to lean that way too. I guess will just have to wait and see what happens. Other stuff lately I found this really cool blog that does all sorts of crafts. Let me first say I don't do crafts and I am not sure why now I have decided that it sounds like fun. But I have managed to complete a few projects and I am really quite proud of myself.
Here are some cute bows that I made for Kyanna's hair and possibly the new baby (will see how much hair she has!) If you want to learn how to make them just go here http://treyandlucy.blogspot.com/
This is a bandanna dress that I made for Kyanna (yes I used a sewing machine, no one was more surprised than me!) anyways it is so so cute and so easy to make. Seriously with my not so great sewing skills I made this dress in less than 15 minutes and it was cheap about 4$ total. Here is the link for the dress if you are interested!http://homemakinghoneys.blogspot.com/2009/05/easyfun-summer-dress.html
And finally here are some pictures of the kids using watercolor paints. This is their new favorite thing to do and I love that it's finally warm enough to be able to go outside and do it. I love it! No messes to clean up!

Comments

Unknown said…
I wish I could help with your delima. I cant get my babies to ever stay in long enough to have that problem. Kaylee was 6 weeks early and spencer was 14 weeks early only weighing 1 pound 12 ounces (he was tiny). If it was me with my experiences I would keep the baby in as long as I can. Just to guarantee it is healthy and ready to be born. But one week probably wont make a difference.

Your bandana dress turned out so cute! I love it. My sewing maching is playing up but as soon as it starts working again I am going to make that dress for Kaylee but I am going to change a few things on it just to make it more her (really my but nevermind) style.

I am going to look at that link for those hair clips they are so cute! Did you see the Tutus I put on Homemaking Honeys. You should make the girls each one they are so easy to do. And I bet Kayanna would LOVE IT! Ok enough comment. I should email you really it would be easier. Plus I have one more thing to mention... So an email will be coming your way soon!!xx
Valeri said…
If I were in your shoes I'd wait. That's me though. I love suprises. I love the spontanaity of the labor process - not knowing when the baby will come, waiting anxiously, counting the minutes between contractions to determine whether or not it's a real thing, etc. I LOVED going into labor on my own with Ryan. It was so much better than being induced with Chloe. I chose to be induced a week early with her because my doctor was going out of town and I wanted to ensure he was the one to deliver me. It was my first, i was nervous, didn't know what to expect, had an incredible relationship with my doctor, etc. So at the time, being induced seemed like the only option. Looking back though, I wish I'd just let Chloe come when she was ready. I was in labor with her 30 hours! Granted I never dilated past 2 with EITHER child so I don't believe my lack of progress had anything to do with the fact that I was induced. But it still just never felt natural - none of it. And because of that experience of wondering if I should have waited and let her come when she was ready, etc, I was DETERMINED to go into labor with Ryan. It was a beautiful experience going into labor on my own, and if we have another one, I absolutely plan to go that route again - even if it is a little less convenient than being able to plan it all out.

Granted, you've gone into labor with both of your kids so your perspective is probably totally different from mine. Ultimately you need to do what you're comfortable doing! If the baby is at no risk coming early and if you're miserably uncomfortable, be induced! Otherwise, I'd wait it out. Then she gets to choose her birthday!

Crazy how fast it's gone! It seems like you were just announcing your pregnancy. Good luck with your decision and the birth! Either way, I'm sure it will all be wonderful!
Cynthia said…
Did you know that Megan found out well after the fact that Afton was seriously sick at birth? The hospital convienently neglected to mention it to them. She was sick because Megan's Amniotic fluid was infected. Apparently, Afton's APGAR score was lower than my daughter Bethany's. Bethany didn't breathe for the first 12 minutes.

I'm not a fan of going over. You have a history of going over the due date without problems so you'd probably be fine to wait if you want to. I'm too paranoid so I'd go early if I had the option.
Cynthia said…
Oh- and those are some seriously cute crafts. You are nesting, hardcore!
Hilary said…
Such a tough decision! Each situation is so different, and millions of babies are induced without a hitch. They offered on my first, up to three weeks early, 'cause I was having gallbladder problems. It was tough, but I finally decided just to wait for nature to handle things. For me, it came down to a higher instances of c-section with induction, and with my second the scariness of pitocin (even if I couldn't feel it with the epidural and stuff, Annie had a really hard time once they started pic . . . her heart rate freaked out and they had to turn it off before her heart rate went back to normal, it was scary 'cause they started talking about emergency c-section and how they'd most likely have to just put me under and all I could think of was how I wouldn't be awake when she was born.) But, sometimes the stress of the continuing pregnancy outweighs the potential complications that come from induction.
Plus, my Mom always told me how much she regretted having to induce her last two, 'cause she never got to wake up in the middle of the night again and nudge her husband and tell him she thinks she's in labor. :-)
Long story short (too late), for me, I'd avoid it, especially with my track record with the dreaded-pitocin . . . but, it's totally a personal decision, and only you know how 'done' you are with this pregnancy!
Good luck!

And I LOVE that dress! I'm in awe of your talent, I wouldn't even attempt something like that!
Deanne Hill said…
Have it early!! :) One week is still full term and one less week that you have to carry a spare human inside of you! My 1st was on time, 2nd, my water broke a week early, 3rd, I was induced a week late, and 4th was on time again. The best birth experience by a mile was #2! The being induced part wasn't the hard part, it was eli's big, fat head, and a week early would totally reduce the probability of fat headedness. How exciting to be so close to the end!!! :) Yay!
Super cute dress! I'm going to try that out- Thanks for the link!
Dan and Ang said…
I love all the cute crafts you've been doing - they're so cute! Kyanna ALWAYS looks so so cute! Brett's always telling me how cute she looks thanks to you. :)

Popular Posts