Cranberry Banana Oat Muffins

O.k. so I love it when people post recipes on there blog and I love trying new recipes. So I thought that when I find a good one I am going to post it! This is a good one because not only did it help me use my old bananas and my cranberries that have been in the freezer for over a year (sorry if that is gross) but Brett and the kids really like them! So here goes.

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour

1 cups oats

2/3 cup granulated sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 egg

1 3/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (5-6 bananas)

1/3 cup butter, melted

1 cup cranberries


1. Combine the first six ingredients in a mixing bowl.

2. Mix well

3. Beat together egg, bananas and melted butter until smooth.

4. Add to dry ingredients.

5. Stir to blend

6. Stir in cranberries until just combined.

7. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling almost to the top.

8. bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until the top spring back when lightly touched.


Sorry no pictures of the muffins they were gone before I could even think to take one. However what would a post be without a cute picture of the kids!

The kids insisted on sunglasses. And well they look just so darn cute in them I couldn't help but get them some. This is their cousin Greyden.

Comments

Hilary said…
I need to try this! I even have a bunch of cranberries we didn't finish off on vacation! Thanks!
stephschmidt said…
I love the picture - so cute! Those muffins sounds delicious; we'll have to try them soon!
Unknown said…
Those sound AMAZING! I too like the picture of the kids enjoying them. If you want a really great muffin recipe a friend of mine posted strawberry and Almond muffin recipe on www.homemakinghoneys.com OH MY GOODNESS SO LUSH (that means good in British)!!!!
Camille said…
What a cute photo of the kids! Sorry, I won't attempt to make (a.k.a. ruin) the recipe. I'll just wait for you to make me some. :)
Larsen said…
O(kay, I am not trying to blog stalk you. But I am eager to try this recipe. I LOVE muffins! So thanks!

I have been reading posts and looking at pictures up to this point, and I need to get off my duff and get my house cleaned.

I wanted to let you know that I think your kids are quite cute, esp. you little Jenna. She is a bugger! I can't get over her eyes. Anyway, Brett may not even remember me, but I remember thinking he was a great missionary, and fun to be around. We served in the Old Mill area, in the same district for a while. We had a district mascot, we named him Zebulan, and to this day, I still have him.

Anyway, have a great night. (I am not even sure you will get this comment.) OH well.

Popular Posts