Jan. 8th

So I was talking to my Aunt the other day and she mentioned how one of my other Aunts was doing a year scrapbook on what her kids were doing on the 12th of every month. Well since I am no where near being ready to do a scrapbook like that (I am still working on Will's birth 4 1/2 years ago!) I did think well I am kind of desperate for a blog entry and it sounds kind of neat so why not!

O.k. so today Brett got up at his usual time and left early for work. Will went to preschool while Kyanna and I cleaned up a bit and then did a quick errand to the store. After lunch, by some miracle, Kyanna went down for a nap. She hasn't been doing this much lately so every time she does I think of my precious time.



While Kyanna was napping Will had his quiet time and watched Tom and Jerry.





After nap and quiet time we played a couple of games mostly Chutes and Ladders and then Will played Star Wars Legos on the Wii, while I painted Kyanna's fingernails. The girl has become obsessed with her fingernails being painted (she obviously did not get this from me!). Today we did them pink.


When Brett came home he went straight to making dinner. He lost a bet last week so he has to make dinner all week. Although I pick what we are having and get everything ready so I am really not sure it's all that fair. But it was yummy! Honey lemon chicken.


After dinner me and the kids went over to my parents ward for her Enrichment night and since Papa was in the nursery we thought it would be fun for the kids to go and play. It was really good too they had a guest speaker about self-esteem. I really enjoyed it. And while me and the kids were gone Brett was able to watch the football championship game. Although in my opinion it doesn't really matter since we know who the true champions are. You better be thinking UTAH.


And now the kids are asleep and we will soon follow. And well that's all.








Comments

Unknown said…
A day in the life of the Brett and Kelly Stoddart Family. How fun to read! Lucky you Brett cooking all week..... Well that is if he can cook good, otherwise ahhhh man how terrible!
stephschmidt said…
I loved reading that! Hooray for naps! :) I love that Brett has to make dinner all week; what was the bet that he lost?
Greg said…
I've now spent all day trying to think up 'bets' I can rig that will leave Greg cooking dinner all next week! Fun post!
Hilary said…
Oops! That Greg comment was me, I didn't realize he'd logged into his email when I wasn't paying attention!
Dan and Ang said…
I loved this post! It's fun to see what your days are like. :) I also want to know what bet Brett lost. :)

Popular Posts