This is my One of My Favorite Weekends...

The 24th of July, and let me tell you why!

We start the night before, we go down to Monroe and we have a children's parade!

The we have a great big picnic in the park with all the town of Monroe plus all the tourists who have now caught on how much fun it is down here. Trust me I have been going every year for a VERY long time and it just gets busier and busier!

And since I was dumb and didn't bring my camera a few of the events are missing, but luckily my Mom brought hers so we have some!
After the picnic in the park, there is a three on three basketball tournament on Main Street. This is the second year that Brett and my brothers have played and well......they always come in third! ( we won't mention there is only three teams in their age catagory!) this tournament usually lasts until the wee hours of the morning!
Then we get up bright and early the next morning for a 5k race or a mile milk run. Yes William came in first place in the Milk run....he is awesome!
Then we get ready for a parade where they always throw way more candy that we can handle!
After the parade we either go back to Grandma's house and ride some horses, go for some rides on my brothers Rhino, go to the fair at the park, ride some horses, do a little fishing until fireworks that night.
It's busy but it's fun!

Comments

Erica said…
I want to go visit Monroe next year! It looks like a fun celebration!! Way to go William on the milk run!
Moores said…
It sounds like a lot of fun! I thought it was so neat that William won 1st place!
Dan and Ang said…
That looks like so much fun!! Cute kids!!

Popular Posts