Will's First Day of Kindergarten (sniff, sniff)

Yes I am sad, mostly because that is the end of us being home all day together. I am sad cause it means that he is getting SO old, and I am sad cause whatever happens to him at school is beyond my control (I like being in control :))
BUT I am also so excited for him. He has been looking forward to going to kindergarten for more than a year and he is so so ready. I am excited cause he is so excited. I can't wait to hear about all of his new adventures. And I wouldn't be totally honest if I didn't admit that I am going to have fun just hangin with my girls.
So all that being said here he is on his first day. So excited.





of course Kyanna had to get in on the action, I think she is going to have the hardest time adjusting cause that is her playmate going.
I think most of all he was most excited about his new backpack!
Luckily he had his cute friend Mya to go with him today. I think it helped for both of them!


Oh my goodness some kids were hanging to their moms legs, some ran out of line to give their mom one last hug. Not Will he didn't even turn around. But I am really glad he had no problems.
He had a good day. When I asked him what he did, he said that he forgot. Oh well! I am sure it will get more exciting as the days go on.




Comments

Dan and Ang said…
How fun for Will! Those picture even got me a little teary. I can't believe he's in kindergarten!! I'm not surprised he loves it - he'll do great!!
stephschmidt said…
I can't believe he's already in kindergarten! Your track started early! I still remember so well the day he was born.... doesn't seem like that long ago. I'm so glad he's enjoying it!
Megan said…
Good for you for being sad. My mother, who as you know had five kids in seven years, said the only kid she was sad about going to kindergarten was me--the youngest. The rest of them she was like, "GO! Get out!! Give me some sanity!!" And even with me, the tears only lasted a second, and then she went off like a shot and got stuff DONE. Her first taste of freedom in years. Ah...that day is a LONG way away for me! I'm so glad Will is ready--he's such a cute boy. MAN I hope Afton marries him one day...

Popular Posts