6th month check-up


Jenna had her six month check-up yesterday! She is doing good, other than this nasty cough she has had for the past two weeks but I'll talk about that in a minute. She is now 14lbs 6 oz, which puts her in the 21% for weight, which great considering that at her 2 week check-up she was in the 4th percentile. She is in the 59% of height. And no big surprise here, her head was, well.... off the charts big, but I personally think they were just a little too generous with the head measurement. She is doing all what a cute little six month old like herself should be doing, rolling over, sitting up, eating baby food, and grabbing just about everything she can. So much fun.

Anyways like I said she has had this yucky cough for about 10 days now. I took her to the Dr. 10 days ago when it started to get bad and she checked out fine so I wasn't worried. The Dr. said if she gets worse bring her in. Well she has never gotten worse it just hasn't gone away. So on Wed. the Dr. listened to her lungs and decided that she better get a chest x-ray.

Well have you ever seen what they put little babies into for a chest x-ray. The only words that come to my mind is pure torture. I searched and searched for a good image to show, but this is the only one that I could find which was kind of close.



Now notice how the baby is smiling and happy to be there and thinking this is lots of fun. Well...that is SO not how it really is. There is NO cute blanket hanging up, just a black one. NO teddy bear sitting next to you, no you are in this cold empty room with only a bed and huge x-ray machine. And you don't get to stand there and hold her arms up. NO! NO! NO! They do make them straddle and then you put there arms up in the air over there ears while they enclose them in this plastic type wrap and then strap it closed. REALLY it's like pure torture not only for the baby, but for the parent that has to watch her baby be like this. And then they make you leave the room to take the x-ray! Luckily it didn't last very long, but I hated watching Jenna in this think. UGH!

So I guess what Jenna has is bronchiolitis, which is the baby form of bronchitis. She is really been so good, you would never guess that she is sick until you hear her cough. I just hope that it ends soon!

Comments

Dan and Ang said…
Poor little Jenna! I hope she feels better soon. I love that picture of her. I love her eyes!!
Hilary said…
We did the chest x-ray thing when Annie was like 16 months old and it was the most horrific, torturous, horrible thing I'd ever witnessed! (And I was pregnant, so couldn't be in there with her -- but luckily had grabbed my Mom at the last second to come to the appointment with me, so she was with her.) I'm so sorry your 6 month old had to go through that! I hope Jenna feels better soon!
Just looking at the picture that I saw first I'd thought to myself, "Wow, she's really chunked up!" :-) She really is gaining well! (My kids really start to dive down the charts between 4-6 months, and seem end up around 2% at 6 months). She's adorable, and that's just such a cute age!
Lisa said…
Oh thankgoodness! I thought you were going to say she had swallowed a penny! Story sounded just like mine up til the bronchiolitis thing. :) I don't remember the x-ray being that bad though...was she up at Primary's? Hope she gets to feeling better.
The Pea said…
Oh poor girl! It sucks that everyone is so sick!! I keep wondering if it will ever end? If you need anything let me know. I cannot have kids here but I can bring you anything you need. Even a coke. You can call me.
ErinB said…
Natalie had to have one of those when she was around 18 months. They are like torture. Natalie just screamed and looked at me like, "Aren't you going to save me?" It was horrid! I hope Jenna gets well soon! It was nice running into you guys at the Festival of Trees :)

Popular Posts