I Might Be a Swimming Fan


O.k. so this might sound like I am a really big loser. But hey I really don't care. So the last couple of days I have been sick, therefore, I have spent a lot of time in front of the t.v. watching the Olympics. And the swimming competition has been going on and I love watching it! It could be because I have a new appreciation, after swimming in the triathlon, for just how challenging it is to try and swim fast or really just swim at all. Anyways there you have my two cents. Oh here is a funny story. We were watching the girl gymnastics the other and after they did tumbling passes Kyanna immediately got down on the floor and attempted to do a somersault. Then when she went over, but not really a somersault, she waited for applause. It was very cute.

Comments

Camille said…
I'm watching more of the Olympics than I thought I would too. I stayed up till past midnight last night watching the mens' gymnastics. Maybe you'll have a little Olympic medalist someday. :)
Valeri said…
I am also lovin' the swimming. Neil swam in high school and so naturally it's his favorite to watch. But how could you not like Michael Phelps? It's been a lot of fun to watch him win so many golds. It's so funny you posted this because I was going to write a similar post about the Olympics (swimming in particular). Maybe I still will. :)

Well, happy watching. Hope you start feeling better soon.
Megan said…
Yeah, I watch the Olympics constantly. I don't work right now so there's nothing ELSE to do! And it's really fun! I've never been much a swimming fan, but yes, I've been sucked in too. It's nice because it ends so quickly. The races are fast and then they are over. And yeah, I've succumbed a bit to Phelps Phever. (I made that up. Am I not CLEVER?) I was up until 11:30 watching women's gymnastics too.
stephschmidt said…
I'm loving the Olympics too! The gymnastics are my favorite, I hadn't really watched anything else. But last night I watched the swimming with Todd and I was blown away! Michael Phelps really is amazing! It was so fun to watch. Today we went swimming at my mom's and after I took a few laps (across the width of the pool, not even the length!) I was tired! Those boys sure can move in the water! Cute Ky :)
Dan and Ang said…
Kyanna is so funny! I love the little things she does like that. I hope you're feeling better!
Deanne Hill said…
I was jumping on my couch cheering for Phelps & co. the other night! Ty had to check in to make sure I was all right and to tell me to keep it down, as we had kiddies sleeping! :) Kennedy also decided to be a gymnast after watching part of the Olympics- until I told her she'd have to practice for hours every day, then she changed her mind- quickly! :) Hope you feel better soon!
Elise said…
I have to agree with the swim fan thing. I've never been into the sport but now I'm glued to the tube! Looks like you may have a little gymnast on your hands!

Popular Posts