I must admit I am getting pretty tired of my kids getting older!! I just seems to be happening to fast. I keep asking them to stay the age that they are, but......they don't (sigh) This handsome smart little man turned 9 years old... I mean seriously he is half way to his mission. It's going to fast!!!
 Birthday Breakfast of pancakes, chocolate milk, and special request a fruit cup!

This year he got to have a friends birthday party. We chose minecraft for his theme and we invited 12, nine year old boys. Yes 12 of them...I still get tired when I think of that night! We were originally going to have the party outside in the backyard but when it started to rain we decided to have it at the church (thanks goodness not in our basement, did I mention 12 boys).
 Brett brought home roughly 100 boxes that we let the kids "mine" through for hidden treasures. Oh they loved playing with those boxes! I have never seen anything quite like that before, it was almost as if  they were animals that we just let loose out of there cages, throwing boxes up in the air, hitting them, swinging them around, it really was quite the sight.


 They did get pretty creative with the boxes, built a fort, and we had a contest to see who could have the highest stack, and they we played hide n seek with them.
 Even though there was a lot of them and they are pretty crazy (hey they are 9) William really has a great group of friends! They are such good kids!


I think we can call this party a success.
William to this day still loves legos and star wars, although he is not quite as obsessed in years past. Some of his new passions, and he is a really passionate kid, is minecraft, he loves to listen to Harry Potter, playing the wii, riding his bike, Utah football, and piano. He is getting so good with the piano! He loves to watch Harry Potter movies, and Pirates of the Caribbean  . His good friends are Ty, Boyd, and Bradley.

He is such a smart, loving, kind kid. I can count on him for just about anything! Lately he seems to have his nose in a book a lot, which I absolutely love! I know he is going to be my biggest helper when the baby arrives.  He is always happy.  He is just an all around awesome kind of a guy!

Comments

Popular Posts