Ragnar

 At the beginning of September I had an opportunity to run Ragnar. I remember the first time I ever heard of Ragnar it was a couple of years ago and I went to the store one Saturday and everyone, really just about everyone, was wearing Ragnar shirts and I remember thinking I am going to find out what exactly that is all about. Ragnar is a relay race typically made of 12 team member, unless your nuts then six. You run a total of 188 miles as a team and each member has three different legs of the race. Usually starts on a Friday morning and ends on a Saturday afternoon with non-stop running all through the night.
   When I was invited on a team I was so so so excited. I waited a whole year to run this race and it was totally worth it. I was in the second van and I was runner 11 out of 12 so I basically waited ALL day to run. We ran it in Colorado which is very high in elevation. My first run was through the town of Avon which is just outside of Vail.
My Second run was at about 5:00 in the morning, this is me being up pretty much all night waiting for the other runners in my van to run. I started my run when it was pitch black outside. My run was along a trail next to a river not on a road. And let me tell you I was so scared of Bears. We saw signs everywhere saying beware of bears, and well since my last race I saw two bears I was understandably very paranoid. I wore my bear bell and it was the fastest I have every ran. Talk about motivation!

The are my awesome friends that I was able to run with.  I also ran with my brother-in-law Dan and two other people that I didn't know very well but go to know pretty good after spending two days pretty much non-stop with them! We had such a good time!


Finished! 

Told yeah!!! Bear sightings these signs were everywhere. It was the theme of the race really!

Comments

stephschmidt said…
wow!! that is a crazy hard race! way to go!

Popular Posts