This child


So WAY back in November Jenna got a little teeny tiny cold, she developed a little cough and runny nose and sounded congested. Well...the cough went away and the runny nose went away, but the congestion did not. She has 3 chest x-rays and every time they told me she had bronchitis. Finally in December she got another cold and the Dr. put her on a nebulizer once a day. Well nothing, the cold went away but the congestion did not. It never really seemed to bother her, she never had a hard time breathing, it was just there.

So finally we went to see the Pulmonary Doctor. She decided that we had better test for Cystic Fibrosis. Made me really REALLY nervous. It had always been kind of on my mind that maybe she had it but I was really hoping it wasn't. So up to Primary Children's Hospital we went for the test. It was actually very interesting they put these electrodes on her arm that made her sweat and then they had to stay on for 30 minutes until they had collected enough sweat. And while we were there we saw Marie Osmond. Anyways thank goodness the tests came back negative. Such a HUGE relief.

So I guess that she has Reactive Airway Disease or in other words Asthma. Not great but SO SO much better than cystic fibrosis. She has been on steroids all this week and guess what? NO CONGESTION!!!! So anyways that is were we are at. This child, I don't know, guess I was lucky with the other ones. I mean I know that I am SUPER lucky with Jenna but seriously breast milk jaundice, thrush, bronchitis, and asthma. Good think she is a CUTIE pie.

Comments

Hilary said…
Sorry about the asthma (we have one kid diagnosed with asthma so far, and one probable asthmatic), but I'm so relieved for you it's not something more! I seriously felt sick to my stomach when I first read they were testing for CF!

It's times like this I'm reminded how lucky we are to live in a time and place where there are effective treatments for our kids, and meds that'll help strengthen their lungs! Annie stopped coughing all night long once she went on a steroid inhaler, and I'm so thankful that's an option for us!
Megan said…
But aren't you glad you finally know WHY? Kinda wish it were just a penny, huh? She IS a cutie pie, though! Didn't you used to go help out at Asthma camp in the summer? HOpe you learned a lot!
Camille said…
I LOVE that photo of her!
Deanne Hill said…
Yay! Who would've thought we'd cheer for asthma?! But I'm so glad it's not something more serious! Jenna is such a cutie! We can't wait to see her (and the rest of you) soon!
Larsen said…
Wow, my heart was pounding for you. CF is a serious thing. I am so glad that isn't the case.

I think she is darling, which totally makes up for the drama she has been (and will be) causing!

Gina (Pack)Larsen
Dan and Ang said…
SO glad you were able to finally get an answer! Not fun that it's asthma, but so happy it's nothing more serious!

Popular Posts