Halloween Pictures. FINALLY!!!!

O.k. here are my Halloween pictures. I know I know it took me WAY too long to get these up. Even seriously I thought about not even doing it, but since this is a journal/scrapbook of sorts I thought that I better record Halloween 09. I don't know why but for some reason I was a bah hum bug with Halloween this year. If Brett hadn't gotten Kyanna's Snow White costume from the D.I. and if Will had decided to be anything else this year other than Darth Vader (his costume from last year) they would not of even had costumes. And Jenna's tutu I actually made a couple of months ago.


I don't know what happened to me this year. We didn't even carve pumpkins at all! No haunted houses (not that we would do that anyways), no corn mazes, NOthing. After about a street and half of trick-or-treating the kids were done and that was just fine with me.


I have decided that I need to be better at celebrating Holidays, not for me, but for my kids. I really need to make them fun and memorable. So I will try harder. But hey at least I got pictures so in years to come the kids, hopefully, will forget the Halloween that we didn't really celebrate.







I actually let Kyanna wear make-up. It's the one time of the year that it's o.k. for little girls to wear make-up. Actually surprising that I even had any!
Pictures with cousin Greyden!

Getting ready to go trick-or-treating.
Oh one other thing I should probably record as well. While we out getting candy we came to a pretty scary house. Now I realize that my motherly instincts should have kicked in at some point during this whole thing but I guess I didn't use them. Anyways as we were walking up I saw some kids, probably around 11-13 ages getting into the trunk of the car, into the garbage can, and behind the garbage can. I KNEW that they were going to try and scare us. But what did we do, we walked up to the doorstep anyways. And of course they jumped out of the trunk, garbage can, and everywhere else and scared the living day lights out of my kids. Ruined the rest of the night. Seriously why didn't I just skip this house I knew that they were going to do this.
On the way home I was talking to Kyanna, trying to explain that they weren't being very nice and they shouldn't of tried to scare us ( I really think they probably didn't know better) and she suggested that go back and "spank their butts". Well I don't think that would have gone over very well, but she had the right idea :)

Comments

Jessica said…
I've found that some years I'm in the mood for certain holidays and do a lot, and other years some holidays get short shrift -- that's life! I don't think kids really notice the differences from year to year.
Steph said…
I love that last picture of you and the kids just before trick-or-treating. That's what they'll remember :)
Camille said…
I love the costumes! especially the miniature ballerina. :)

Popular Posts