Help Me!


O.k. so last week, right before it got really cold, I was told that I need to go and pick all of my tomatoes because they wouldn't make it through the cold. Well I am not exactly sure how this happened (maybe it's because I am an excellent Gardener) but I picked well over 100 tomatoes from my garden. They are all green but they are starting to turn red. So here is my problem I don't particularly care for tomatoes, Brett loves them but he can only eat so many. However I do love salsa, chili, and tomato soup. So I am in desperate need of some good recipes. I especially love salsa that involves fruit. So if any of you out there happen to know of any great recipes that I could use for all of my tomatoes I would love you forever. Or hey if any of you are coming this way stop by and I will give you a bag!

Comments

Lisa said…
I've never tried this recipe...i am not that adventurous. But everyone says it's sooooo good. It's my cousin's wife's recipe.

Title: Baker Family Salsa

Description:
This is SUPER yummy fresh and extremely delicious canned! :)

Ingredients:
1/2 bushel (1/2 box) tomatoes peeled and cubed
*6 green peppers
*8 onions
2 small cans green chilies
*4-5 jalapenos
*2 whole garlic pods
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup salt
3 Tbs. sugar
3Tbs. cumin
24 ozs. tomato paste

Directions:
Mince items marked * in food processor.
If you are eating it fresh just mix it all together and enjoy! If you don't like it spicey, omit or reduce the amount of jalapenos.

If you are canning it, cook uncovered 2-8 hours, depending on if you like chunky or thin salsa. Put jars in 10 minute hot water bath.

Number Of Servings:Makes 20 pints (2 1/2 gallons)
Hilary said…
I found my family's favorite Pineapple Salsa recipe, only to find it doesn't actually use tomatoes, so it doesn't do you a ton of good! I'll keep looking!

Popular Posts