First Camping Trip of the Season

For Easter break our good friends asked us to go camping with them down in the Little Grand Canyon in the San Rafel Swell. I admit I was pretty nervous about this. Seriously it was the end of March and let's face it the weather hasn't exactly been warm (example it's snowing as I post this today). So I brought A LOT A LOT of blankets and warm clothes and I am happy to report the weather was gorgeous!!! Yes we were cold at night but it was o.k. during the day the weather was wonderful!!

William and Bradley have a lot of fun together they also get in a lot of trouble together. But they had a really good time. All Jenna and Kyanna wanted to do was play in the soft red sand. In fact at one point I looked out to find Jenna and she was doing sand angels in the sand. She was so dirty by the end of the trip, but she literally cried when it was time to do home. The kids had a big huge Easter egg hunt, they ended up with 33, yes 33 eggs each it was some ridiculous amount of candy but it was so fun to hide the eggs in the red rocks and have them look for the eggs. The kids had a grand time!!!

This was our first camping trip when we actually had to make all our meals ourselves (usually my parents do the cooking :)) but I think we did a pretty good job. Even had dutch oven cherry crisp it was awesome!! I am excited for many more camping trips this year (as long as we can stay away from bears...I may never be the same again). Just need the darn weather to cooperate now!


















Comments

Popular Posts