Different Kind of Resolution

But not really...just a different way of presenting my resolution for 2013. I have been seeing this on several blogs and I really like the idea of it. It's called Word of the Year...I think. Anyways I have been thinking what would my word of the year be and it hit me really hard tonight. So here it is my word of the year...Meaningful. I don't know maybe it's too broad of a word but this is kind of what I mean by meaningful.
   Sometimes I feel like I just go through the motions of things without really taking the time to enjoy, appreciate, and understand them. For example the first thing that I thought of was Family Home evening. Sure we do family home evening every Monday night...I mean the prophets have told us too. But do I make it meaningful or am I just doing it cause it's what we need to do. So here it is I want to do more meaningful FHE's, scripture study, church lessons both preparing and listening.
    Sometimes even when I am doing homework with the kids, I am just doing it mostly while I am playing on my phone or looking over their shoulder at the t.v. I want more meaningful kid time, homework included. When it's time to tuck them in I am going to forget how tired I am and how much I just want them to go to bed and take the time to have a meaningful conversation with them.I have been reading so many articles lately about teaching moments with your children. I want to have more meaningful teaching moments with my children take advantage of every opportunity.  More meaningful conversations with the hubs.
  I can even make my workouts and runs more meaningful by well just making it worth my time...meaningful!  I can apply this to so much it my life. I hope it's not too broad of a word but this is what I thought of the other word that I wanted to do but goes hand in hand with meaningful is engaged. I don't want to be distracted I want to focus on what I am doing as I am doing it. Not worrying about tomorrow but just enjoying and being engaged with what's going on now.
  Anyways that's all...here is to a great year!

Comments

Cynthia said…
I have done the WOTY thing for a few years and the great thing about it is that you find ways in which you are succeeding at embracing and defining the meaning of your chosen word. You're exploring your successes rather than cataloging your failures.

You've picked a great word and I am sure you'll do well with it. I read an amazing post recently by Daring Mom called "Drops of Awesome". Google it as I think it will help you on your meaningful journey!
Steph said…
I love your word of the year!!

Popular Posts