On the 1st of August I thought to myself aaaahhhhh!!!! school starts in 22 days we haven't done everything that I wanted to do this summer. So in the last couple weeks of summer we jam packed lots and lots of stuff! It was a fabulous summer one of my favorites so far!

 Did I mention that we spent ALOT of time at the swimming pool? Well if you think going there at least one time a day, everyday (except Sundays of course) and sometimes two times a day alot.....then yes we were there ALOT! It was great though it was so fun to watch these kids get so confident and become such great swimmers every single one of them. I loved watching them play in the pool.
 We also made it camping at least once...I wanted to do more but hey you can't have everything. We went to Joe's Valley again this year..and I was so happy to see that it was not affected by all the fires. It was also the year of the Castle Valley Pageant in Castle Dale. Now I had NEVER heard of this pageant before I moved down here and they only do it every other year but it is excellent! The kids had a blast...it was very very kid friendly. These are some pictures of the little pioneer village they have before.

 We also had our block party a couple weeks ago. The theme this year was the Olympics...so much fun. I am so thankful to live in a neighborhood with such excellent neighbors!

 All summer long we told the kids NO when they asked to go on all the rides and various fairs and what not with the promise that we would take them to Lagoon instead...
I finished a half marathon this year which was my big goal. I was very proud of myself even if I couldn't walk downstairs for about 3 days! I even saw bears on my run, which I didn't think was very cool at the time, but now I think that it was awesome! We finished our shower..

And finally....we made it to St. George to see Aladdin at Tuhacon!  It was a fast fun trip and the play was excellent.

It was a great summer. I was NOT ready for school to start but hey it can't be helped. I am glad we made some great memories this year.

Comments

Popular Posts