My NEw Year REsolution

YEs that is right I am only doing one... and mostly cause it's in my head, I want it written down, and I want to be held accountable.

When it comes to losing weight and exercising I HAVE problems. LEt's face. I think of myself as a reasonably healthy person, don't get me wrong. But I have goals in the past. Like running in a half marathon (which was my goal last year and I didn't make it). And losing some weight (which was also my goal from last year and probably only down oh 2 pounds). Anyways I get REALLY caught up on being strict about it. Like I had a running program last year that I started did really good with...but one bad week and what happens? I am totally off and feel like I can't start. I do the same thing with losing weight. I started weight watchers online...did really good followed it to a T, never allowed any extra points...and then one bad week and what happens? I am totally off and not doing it. NOT at all. And then I start again a couple of months later and then another bad week and I am done. I get too caught up in the schedule and discipline of it.

So this years is different....I hope :) This year it's going to be about running or exercising when I can and if I don't do it for week that's o.k. I will just start again and if I have to go back a few steps that o.k. too! That is what I need to remember. And diet...well this is a tough one for me. I HATE to diet I like my chocolate and I like my candy but if I can just set a goal of eating less of that and more healthy stuff I will do good. I HOPE :) And if I had a bad week when all I do is eat chocolate and crap oh well...I can start better the next day.

So that is my goal to just be overall more healthy. NOT skinny and NOT a marathon runner. Just have a more healthy lifestyle...And well that is all. Hope I do good!!!

Comments

Cynthia said…
"Lower your expectations and your performance will rise". That totally works. You'll do great because you've stopped expecting perfect. Perfect is downright evil in almost every form because seeking it causes it's polar opposite to occur.
Camille said…
That is the same attitude I have. I love the run, but I hate to diet. So I eat pretty much what I want, but I make sure to exercise almost every day. It makes me so much happier when I have my daily endorphin rush. :)

Popular Posts