Weekend With Just the Girls!

I just came back from a fun girls only weekend. It was awesome! At first I was a little nervous, and I will admit, had a pretty good cry when it was time to say goodbye to Brett and the kids. But I managed. Me and Jill were supposed to fly out of Salt Lake at 9:20 and land in Spokane at 10:00 (Spokane time). Well after three different airplanes and hanging out on the runway for awhile we finally left at 12:35 a.m. We didn't get to bed that night until 3:00 a.m. The next day we went to the lake for a day of riding the jet ski's, water skiing, and just plain old hanging out. And yes I did get up on one water ski, there is even a picture to prove it. It has been a super long time since I have done that. It felt good to finally go waterskiing again. Then the next day....... I ran a triathlon. That's right. I did, have pictures to prove that too. Scott (Jona's husband) sister at the last minute decided that she didnt want to run it so they asked if I wanted to. And well apparently I like to torture myself, becuase I said yes. REally what was I thinking. I have barely trained for something like that. Well except for the time that I almost drowned, just kidding, but I did have to hang on to a kayak for a little while, I did pretty good. I should mention that it really was more like a biathlon because I didn't do the bike part, due to a flat tire. But I was proud of myself nontheless. It was a fabulous weekend. Thanks Jona for hosting such a fun weekend.

Comments

Dan and Ang said…
That looks like such a fun trip!! I'm so jealous - I haven't been boating or jet skiing in awhile. :) I'm glad you had such a good time!
stephschmidt said…
I'm glad you had such a fun trip! Way to go with the triathlon!
Deanne Hill said…
Look at you all last minute triathloning! Holy crap! That would finish me off after the first 2 feet of running! :) I proud of you! What a fun weekend! I'm glad you got to go!
Lisa said…
Cool trip! I love Washington..it's always so green. We used to go every other year for a family reunion. I kind of miss it but there it talk of doing another one next year. Glad you had fun!
Unknown said…
Way fun!! I dont think I have had a girl weekend since before living in England!! BuMmEr! Im glad you had such a good time. And as they say absence makes the heart grow fonder. Way good on the Triathlon as well. I could NEVER do that!! It would Kill Me!! x
Camille said…
How fun! We should have an extended family's girls- getaway. That would be fun. But we won't do any triathlons. I can't swim. Or bike.

Popular Posts